Brie and Carmalized Onion Grilled Cheese
Savory, tangy, and buttery. For the last of our grilled cheese extravaganza, we’re going with a savory brie grilled cheese. This is the most simple of the three and that’s because there’s nothing that needs to be added to a pile of brie smothered in caramelized onions to make this any better.
- Onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- English Muffin loaf (similar to sourdough)
- Place a little olive oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan. Heat over medium-low heat.
- Once hot, add the sliced onion, making sure to have a thin layer with non of the onion overlapped. Reduce the heat to low and let the onions cook slowly until caramelized, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once the onions have caramelized, assemble the sandwiches by stacking the brie and the caramelized onions onto a slice of bread. Top with another slice of bread.
- Butter the slices of bread and place on a preheated grilled or flat skillet.
- Cook 2-4 minutes on each side, or until the bread has browned on both sides and the cheese is melted.
What’s your favorite grilled cheese?