Reese’s Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
Amazing, amazing, amazing and amazing. There is no better cupcake in the world. It’s fact. Look it up. I’m not kidding. These deliciously chocolaty, rich with peanut butter, covered in more chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes are to die for.
Ladies and gentlemen,
I present to you the best cupcakes in the world. If you know me at all, you are likely aware of just how obsessed I am with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. So, when I saw that my friend Molly, of CakeFYI, had a Resse’s peanut butter filled chocolate cupcake recipe, I got a little excited – read crazy excited. Of course, I’m not just sharing this recipe to give myself an excuse to make them. I’m sharing these delicious treats because Molly is starting an exciting project and needs our help!
Now, on to the cupcakes!
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp cocoa Powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup saffola or canola oil
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup water, boiling
- ½ cup butter
- 2½-3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ cup peanut butter, or more to taste
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla extract and beat well. Pour in boiling water, and stir the batter until well combined.
- Using a measuring cup, pour batter into a lined or greased cupcake pan. The batter will be very thin, which is fine.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Cream the butter, then add half of the powdered sugar. Add the milk and continue to beat. Continue to add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Beat in the peanut butter.
- Microwave chocolate chips in a bowl, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Once melted, stir in the butter.
- Microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Once cooled, fill each cupcake with peanut butter icing. To do so, fill a large piping bag fitted with a star tip with peanut butter icing. Push the icing tip into the cupcake, and squeeze the bag while lifting the piping bag out of the cupcake. Once filled, top with more peanut butter icing and drizzle cupcakes with melted chocolate and peanut butter, if desired. Top with chopped Reese’s.