Your Weekly Internet Spoils: Breakfast Edition
Another week, another lifetime of information written, posted, pictured, uploaded. And I’ve gone through as much of it as possible to bring you the very best things, my darlings. So take a respite from the news of unfortunate aircraft, ebola outbreaks, and the results of that Which Harry Potter Character Are You? quiz giving you the wrong answer. Do something nice for yourself. You deserve it.
To consume and imbibe
I fully adhere to the saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day (sometimes I talk myself into going to bed when I’m procrastinating on it by promising myself something really good for breakfast; lifehack?) and also that it should be the biggest and best one of the day, at least on most days. So I have brought for you a few very breakfast-and-brunch worthy dishes to trot out on your next lazy Sunday or horrid Tuesday, and put them into a list for your convenience.
- Remember Pop-Tarts and Toaster Strudels from when we were kids? Do those still exist? Really it doesn’t matter because there’s something so much more magical about those things when you’re a child that never quite get recaptured in eating them as adults. But I feel you can bring a bit of that magic back into your present with this very promising adult version of them: Raspberry, Brie, and Chocolate Puff Pastries.
- While we’re in summer and being all upscale and adult-like, let’s go with some Caramelized Peach Pancakes, shall we?
- Or if you’re feeling terribly southern, why not try Biscuits with Summer Berries and Whipped Cream? (And if you’re vegan or lactose intolerant, I suggest to you trying your hand at Coconut Whipped Cream for them.)
- Moving more firmly into brunch territory, I have for you the Open Faced Fried Egg Sandwich with Edamame. I’ll take two.
- Finally, for those staying just a bit on the healthier side, I have Creamy Cracked Oats with Blackberry Compote. (See Photo) Healthy doesn’t have to be pushing, my dears.
And to wash it all down I suggest the Grapefruit Sage Mimosa, of course.
Further Internet Spoils
Suggested reading: I do have some rather sad news for you this week my darlings. I am sorry. Please do sit down before you read it. I hate to be the one to tell you, but Your ‘Craft’ Rye Whiskey Is Probably From a Factory Distillery in Indiana. I feel betrayed, as I know you must, but at least we have each other in this difficult time.
Suggested viewing: Did you ever wonder where your chocolate comes from? Watch the farmers who produce the cocoa beans try chocolate for the first time.
The weirdest thing I found this week: For some reason this egg separator deeply disturbs me. The egg cups look rather neat though.
And of course, last, but never least, your weekly tip on How to be a Better Human: Do whatever kind of good you can for whatever manner of creature you might come across. Then tell their stories, so that we all may know that they lived and that you knew each other for a little while.
A final word, or series of them.
I still haven’t built that IKEA cart, but all things in due time, my darlings. All things in due time.
Be good to you.
Photo credit: Julia Gartland of Camille Styles.